Saturday, April 3, 2010

I know this is bad but it's going to be hilarious

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday as you may already know. Easter is just like any other day to me...don't really care for it, but tomorrow is going to be soooooo awesome. I've been looking forward to it ever since I found out about it. Let's see now... where do I begin...

So my mom is dating this fella named Danny. He sings at his church. I went there once because my mom had to do a dance at his church for a womens retreat. (which by the way was sooo sooo funny) I went to support her but unfortunately i couldn't control myself and I had to laugh. It was like a perfect SNL skit right before my very eyes!! While I was there I did some snooping around and i honestly couldn't believe this church. They had a slide going to the downstairs area, they had 3 pool tables, fooz-ball table, gym, a nacho and fountain drink bar, wii, xbox, big screen tvs all just for the youth group..they had an inside play ground for the kiddos and a bunch of ridiculous crap that a church shouldn't have and i think its very hypocritical..and i am getting pissy just thinking about it right now...ok i am getting off track here

So my mom told me a couple of days ago that she is going to be dancing in front of the entire church....but that's not the good part. Her boyfriend Danny is going to be singing while she dances! oh my gosh. She said that she feels like Paula Abdul and Danny is Michael Buble! hahahahahah oh jeez! I can't wait. : D
So I hope your Easter will be as happy as mine!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! Hope you have a fun time!
    From Carys of <a href="http://lavilleinconnue.blogspot.com>La Ville Inconnue</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm curious about two things:

    What kind of "dancing" does your mom do? Hahaha, is she a professional dancer?

    And (completely without being rude/uppity--its hard to read attitude through text) what's hypocritical about having a nice church?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha well she use to be. she does ballet.
    I just don't see why they would need an Xbox or a wii or an inside playground when there are actually people that they could be helping with that money. I mean i feel like Jesus wouldnt do that. and you know that good little saying."WWJD" Usually when I go into churches like that I feel like it's more about the money than learning about God or helping people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I COULD DANCE WELL!!! :P
    By the time I realized that I wanted to do ballet...I was like 15 and I thought about it--people start dancing when they're like 2 or 3, I knew I didn't stand a chance! Haha

    That's completely understandable and a predictable thing to assume about a church in that setting. I totally used to think the same thing, until I understood what was really going on.

    The church that I go to is called Fellowship Bible Church in Little Rock (totally check it out sometime--awesome service on Sundays!) And it's got the same kinda youth thing--and pretty much looks like a mall.

    Anyway, when I started to get involved with the church, I found out they were more than just what meets the eye...
    Here are some examples:
    --Many of our doctors work with illegal immigrants and poverty families for free medical/dental plans.
    --Our church employs an entire staff devoted to "Passport to Success" a free after school mentoring program for at-risk children.
    --When Haiti was destroyed they automatically sent $25,000 out of the church budget.

    And those are only three examples...the list goes on! The people at Fellowship are in love with God and I hope the people at the church you're talking about are too.

    I just recommend looking into what else the church invests in before assuming it's only themselves.

    <3 This is completely written with love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh girl I wish i was a dancer too. My ma put me in ballet when I was 5 and I was a mess. haha I did not last long at all.

    That's really amazing that your church does that. I think I've heard of them. I'm sure That this church helps out too. I'm just cranky when it comes to churches. I'm sorry if i offended you or anyone. I guess I automatically assume that they are more of a business and all about pleasing people when really they are also probably helping people too. But I still dont understand why they need all of that stuff in a church. haha oh well. : )
    anypoo I'll definitely have to check them out sometime. where are they located in Little Rock?

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D I'm sure you were fine dude! You shoulda stayed in ballet--oh well, now you get to tease your mom haha. It could have been you dancing at church yesterday! :P

    Yeah! The church is in Little Rock, here's the website for directions if you ever wanna check it out. That would be so cool, let me know if you think about going

    http://www.fbclr.org/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok thanks! I will surely let you know! : D

    ReplyDelete